While there may be several viable builds for the Sorcerer, it can be overwhelming to create a build due to the sheer amount of options available. This section aims to help players create a skill build to help with the early to mid game.
Note: During the Early to Mid game, players will not have access to most Legendary Aspects. Freshly made accounts will be able to unlock skill slots at level 2, and 4 more skill slots at level 5.
Frost Bolt: Throw a bolt of frost at an enemy, dealing damage and applying 15% of Chill.
- Enhanced Frost Bolt: Frost Bolt has a 15% chance to Explode on Chilled enemies. This chance is increased to 100% when an enemy is Frozen.
- Glinting Frost Bolt: Generates 4 mana when hitting an enemy with Chilled or Frozen.
Frost Bolt is a great option for a Basic Skill due to being able to consistently generate mana when its upgrade Glinting Frost Bolt is taken. It also pairs well with Frost Nova as it instantly Freezes enemies in its AoE guarantees Enhanced Frost Bolts effect to proc.
Spark: Launch a bolt of lightning that shocks an enemy 4 times dealing damage each hit.
- Enhanced Spark: Each time Spark hits its primary target it has a 20% chance to hit up to 3 additional enemies dealing damage. if there are no other enemies to hit, Spark will instead deal 20% increased damage to its primary target.
- Glinting Spark: Spark grants 2% Critical Strike Chance per cast for 3 seconds up to 10%.
Spark is another viable option when building for a Lightning build or a non-mana dependent build as its upgrade Glinting Spark synergizes well with Invoked Hydra.
Chain Lightning: Unleash a stream of lightning that deals damage and chains between nearby enemies and you up to 5 times, prioritizing enemies.
- Enhanced Chain Lightning: Chain Lightning increases Critical Strike Chance by 3% for each bounce
- Greater Chain Lightning: Increases damage dealt by 25% for the next hit if Chain Lightning bounces off yourself.
Chain Lightning is a great option for builds due to its potent AoE being able to bounce between enemies, when combined with its upgrade Greater Chain Lightning it becomes a potent single target/bossing skill due to its bounces hitting the boss 3 times.
When selecting a Defensive skill we recommend testing its effects and select one that caters to your playstyle.
Frost Nova: Applies Frozen to enemies within its range for 2 seconds.
- Enhanced Frost Nova: KIlling enemies Frozen by Frost Nova reduces its cooldown by 2 seconds up to 6 seconds per cast.
- Shimmering Frost Nova; Generates 4 mana per enemy hit.
Teleport: Transforms into lightning. becoming Unstoppable and surging to the target location, dealing damage around the user.
- Enhanced Teleport: Teleport's cooldown is decreased by 0.5 seconds per enemy hit, up to 3 seconds
- Shimmering Teleport: Reduces damage taken by 30% for 5 seconds
Ice Armor: Provides a Barrier that scales with 30% of your Base HP, may also be used to generate more mana when its upgrade Enhanced Ice Armor is selected.
- Enhanced Ice Armor: Increases mana regeneration by 25%
Glass Cannon: Increases damage dealt but also increases damage taken, this is a great offensive buff when players can manage its downsides.
Shimmering Frost Nova is a your go to skill for mana generation when dealing with mobs of enemies, even without its upgrade Frost Nova provides CC and combos well with basic skill Glinted Frost Bolt as it generates Mana when hitting enemies that are Frozen or Chilled.
Teleport is the Sorcerer's repositioning tool allowing players to ignore terrain or blink-in offensively into a group of enemies and combo with Frost Nova.
We are currently still testing other Conjuration Skills.
Hydra: Summon a 3 headed hydra for x amount of seconds. Each head spits fire at enemies dealing damage.
- Enhanced Hydra: While Healthy your cast of hydra gains 1 additional head
- Invoked Hydra: After you Critically Strike, your hydras gain 30% Critical Strike chance for 3 seconds
Ice Blades: Conjure a pair of ice blades 6 seconds that rapidly deal damage to enemies with a 30% chance to apply Vulnerable for 2 seconds.
- Enhanced Ice Blades: Cooldown is reduced by 1 second each time it hits a Vulnerable enemy.
- Summoned Ice Blades: 50% of Enhanced Ice Blades's cooldown reduction is applied to your other skills.
Hydra is a great single target/bossing skill due to each hydra dealing their own instance of damage. We recommend combining Hydra with its Aspect: Serpentine Offensive Aspect, which allows players to spawn 2 sets of Hydras.
Ice Blades are also a viable option building towards an Ice Build or want to have Vulnerability applied onto an enemy. When the player has access to Enchantments we recommend choosing Ice Blades in cooldown intensive builds.
We are currently still testing Mastery Skills, however it seems difficult to invest skill points into this Skill Tree due to the limited amount of skill points in the Early Access Beta.
All 3 Ultimate skills are powerful options depending on the element the player has chosen to cater their build towards.
Inferno (Fire): Deals damage to all enemies caught in its AoE.
- Prime Inferno: Inferno gains the additional ability to pull enemies into its AoE.
- Supreme Inferno: Reduces mana cost for Pyromancy Skill to zero.
Unstable Current (Lightning): Whenever a Shock skill is cast, a random Core, Conjuration, or Mastery Shock skill is also cast this buff last for 10 seconds.
- Prime Unstable Current: Increases attack speed by 25% while it is active.
- Supreme Unstable Current: While Unstable Currents is active, Crackling Energy continually pulses and no charges are consumed.
Deep Freeze (Ice): Applies Immune to self for 4 seconds when cast, characters under the Immune status effect cannot be damaged and all negative effects are removed. During the Immune duration deal continuous AoE damage and apply Chill to all enemies.
- Prime Deep Freeze: When Deep Freeze ends, gain 10% of your base Life as a Barrier for 6 seconds for each enemy frozen while it was active.
- Supreme Deep Freeze: Reduces the cooldown of Non-Ultimate skills by 50%.
Sample Skill Build
Hydra + Chain Lightning Crit
Level 25 + 2 Region skill points
Skill Rotation with Ultimate Skill: Hydra x2 > Ice Barrier > Unstable Current > Chain Lightning or Spark
Skill Rotation No Ultimate Skill: Hydra x2 > Ice Barrier > Chain Lightning > Spark
Enchantments: Ice Blades
- Enhanced Spark
- Glinting Spark
Chain Lightning: (5/5)
- Enhanced Chain Lightning
- Greater Chain Lightning
Ice Armor (1/5)
Glass Cannon (3/3)
- Enhanced Hydra
- Invoked Hyrdra
- Enhanced Ice Blades
- Summoned Ice Blades
- Prime Unstable Currents
Note: The video shown in the showcase is an early version of the build and is unoptimized due to Devouring Blaze not proccing without a Burning enemy and lack of better Legendary Aspects.