Diablo 4 has released a new update today, June 8th, making it available on all platforms.
It has addressed some stability and performance issues, as well as some monster balance problems especially regarding World Bosses and Elites. This update does not contain any balance changes towards classes.
For the full scope of adjustments please continue reading below.
Full Patch Notes
- Increased the level range for World Bosses on World Tier 3 and 4.
- Increased the total damage dealt by the Level 100 Pinnacle Boss and reduced their total health.
- Made further adjustments to Elite spawn rates in dungeons.
- Fixed an issue wherein players would teleport to the wrong location in multiple dungeons while transitioning through levels of the dungeon.
- Fly Hosts and resurrected Fly Hosts from Trembling Masses will no longer be an infinite source of experience.
- Advanced Twisting Blades’ Cooldown reduction now matches its tooltip.
Legendary Aspect Changes
- Aspect of Unstable Imbuements no longer excessively benefits from damage amplification effects.
- Fixed an issue where Necromancer players would sometimes be stuck at the character selection screen.
- Fixed an issue where control inputs would stop responding when a player teleports or zones in and out of a dungeon.
- Fixed a graphical issue where black textures would flash after teleporting into specific towns.
- Further stability fixes.
Patch Day Server Issues
The hotfixes like the one launched in the Diablo 4 update today usually happen without any server issues. However, this time players in the America and Europe regions experienced massive disconnects and extended server login queues.
First login issues were reported around 2 PM PDT. The problem persisted for most players for about 2 hours, and Blizzard even had to reduce login rates in order to alleviate pressure on the servers.
Finally, at 6 PM, Blizzard have reported that the the login issues have been resolved and apologized to the community, just as Reddit and Twitter's patience were growing thin.
At the time, the top post on Diablo 4 reddit was titled "Blizzard, if you can't keep servers online, give us offline mode". Almost 12k users upvoted it. The top comment snarkily replied: "This is offline mode".